At a recent school board meeting for Wake County North Carolina Public Schools, a Pastor who is a Dad, Chad Slotta, spoke perfectly about the steps needed to be taken by the school board to protect North Carolina children from potential criminal conduct by the schools who were providing elicit, sexual reading materials to children.
“I contend that is is absolutely intolerable, for any adult, let alone the adults that we trust to teach our children either to knowingly ot through their ignorance permit the dissemination of objectively obsense materials to children, and it appears that this is what is occurring in some of the Wake County Schools, “Pastor Chad Slotta, told the school board.
Key Point: “The process by which books are chosen for our schools is at best broken and at the worst, corrupt,” Slotta told the school board, and as Slotta pointed out, might be a class 1 Felony.
Personal note: I know Slotta and his family, as I attended a church where he pastored. I caught up with him after the school board meeting, and he told me that he would let me know if he heard anything from the school board in response. Slotta wants an investigation into the process of choosing books, he told me. In addition, he wants to know how these books have gotten into the schools.
In some schools, the book you are about to hear about from Slotta called Lawn Boy is required reading for 5th graders. There are two books called Lawn Boy, which is causing a confusing situation for parents. In one book, Slotta said contains depictions of bestiality, drugs and alcohol, and sex that could be considered obscene to many parents.
WHICH LAWN BOY? WHY DON’T THEY LOOK?
Slotta’s son found the book at the school library, and at the board meeting, Slotta referred to the NC law that addressed pornography and children.
Side note: Audible groans were heard during Slotta’s speech. Slotta had been singled out earlier in the night by a member of the school board team for not wearing his mask properly, as face masks are mandatory at this meeting.
Here is some more of what Slotta had to say to the School Board members:
“I rise to bring to your attention obscene materials that is currently available in the media center of the Wake County school that one of my children attends. I feel aggrieved and embarrassed to even discuss this issue in a public forum, but in defense of the innocence the decency of not only my child but his classmates, I can not remain silent,” Slotta said.
Watch his full three-minute speech:
“I ask that the board investigate both the books that are currently available and the process by which they are chosen,” Slotta said.
Of interest, there are two books in the school library called “Lawn Boy”.
“It turns out that there are, indeed, two books titled Lawn Boy.
As mentioned in the TikTok, one book, written by Gary Paulsen, is aimed at children and young adults. The novel focuses on a 12-year-old boy mowing lawns, exploring themes of capitalism and money.
On the other end of the spectrum, the other title is targeted towards adults and, as heard in the viral clip, uses incredibly explicit language.”
So Which Lawn Boy do Schools have?
SLOTTA IS RIGHT- They need to look- here is the law:
North Carolina General Statutes Chapter 14. Criminal Law § 14-190.1. Obscene literature and exhibitions
(a) It shall be unlawful for any person, firm or corporation to intentionally disseminate obscenity. A person, firm or corporation disseminates obscenity within the meaning of this Article if he or it:
(1) Sells, delivers or provides or offers or agrees to sell, deliver or provide any obscene writing, picture, record or other representation or embodiment of the obscene; or
(2) Presents or directs an obscene play, dance or other performance or participates directly in that portion thereof which makes it obscene; or
(3) Publishes, exhibits or otherwise makes available anything obscene; or
(4) Exhibits, presents, rents, sells, delivers or provides; or offers or agrees to exhibit, present, rent or to provide: any obscene still or motion picture, film, filmstrip, or projection slide, or sound recording, sound tape, or sound track, or any matter or material of whatever form which is a representation, embodiment, performance, or publication of the obscene.
(b) For purposes of this Article any material is obscene if:
(1) The material depicts or describes in a patently offensive way sexual conduct specifically defined by subsection (c) of this section; and
(2) The average person applying contemporary community standards relating to the depiction or description of sexual matters would find that the material taken as a whole appeals to the prurient interest in sex; and
(3) The material lacks serious literary, artistic, political, or scientific value; and
(4) The material as used is not protected or privileged under the Constitution of the United States or the Constitution of North Carolina.
(c) As used in this Article, “sexual conduct” means:
(1) Vaginal, anal, or oral intercourse, whether actual or simulated, normal or perverted; or
(2) Masturbation, excretory functions, or lewd exhibition of uncovered genitals; or
IN THE SAME COUNTY-THERE SEEMS TO BE A PROBLEM WITH THE GROWNUPS AT THE SCHOOLS IN WAKE COUNTRY NORTH CAROLINA
Recall -this is the same school district where teachers were informing people to go around the parent’s directives about calling children by foreign gender pronouns, and that advocates could find materials to help children choose their gender- in the school library.
Gee. Isn’t that interesting.
You can see that video here:
North Carolina- you have some problems on your hands. This is my exclusive investigation and report: https://t.co/zg19o3LeYK
— Kari Baxter Donovan 🇺🇸🎆🥊🔥 (@Saorsa1776) October 9, 2021
VIDEO OF THE DAYIdiots Twerk On Ambulance After Shooting In Oakland, CA
Full Meeting Slotta attend on October 5th (Slotta is at 1:40:00 – 1:43:00)
Kari is an ex-Community Organizer who writes about Voter Engagement, Cultural Marxism and Campaigns. She has been a grassroots volunteer with the GOP, on and off for 18 years. She is a Homeschool Mom in North Carolina and loves Photojournalism and Citizen Journalism. @Saorsa1776