A man suspected of shooting three bystanders in New York’s Times Square was arrested Wednesday in Florida, four days after the gunfire wounded people, including a 4-year-old girl out toy shopping in the tourist haven known as “the “Crossroads of the World.”
“Farrakhan Muhammad was taken into custody while eating lunch in a McDonald’s parking lot near Jacksonville,” police said.
“While there is no joy today, there is justice,” said Police Commissioner Dermot Shea during a news conference Wednesday. “I had the opportunity to speak to the father to tell him we were sorry and that we would do everything within our power to get justice for his little girl.”
“According to Police, Farrakhan Muhammad, 31, was arrested on Wednesday and taken into custody in Jacksonville, Fla.
Investigators say he is responsible for last weekend’s shooting in Times Square that left a 4-year-old girl and two women injured.
Muhammad was found eating inside his car at a McDonald’s parking lot Wednesday morning, police said. He was said to have been in his car when it ran out of fuel because of gas station closures in Florida, sources said,” NY1.com reported.
“Wendy Magrinat, a 23-year-old tourist visiting from Rhode Island, was shot in the leg. A 43-year-old woman from New Jersey was shot in the foot. The 4-year-old girl from Brooklyn, was also shot in the leg.
Magrinat, who was in the city for a Mother’s Day trip, told the Daily News she was screaming, “I don’t want to die, I don’t want to die, I have a 2-year-old,” after being hit by a bullet that will likely remain lodged in her leg for the rest of her life.
Muhammad was apparently aiming for his brother, but investigators haven’t yet pinpointed the motive, chief of detectives James Essig said.”
JUST KIND OF WEIRD
New York is a battlefield with massive rising crime, while the leadership of the city is lazy and compliant with a far-left movement to defund the police and leave people defenseless.
Curiously this arrest happened around the same time radical far-left Bill de Blasio of New York had a bizarre press conference while shoving fries in his face and talking about vaccinations.
Bill De Blasio asmr https://t.co/nwzkWwZX6M
— Average Russell Dickerson Enjoyer (@CornHydra) May 14, 2021
Daily UK reported on the recklessness of de Blasio:
‘Let’s be real the city is in freefall.’ NYPD union boss blames ‘feckless’ Bill de Blasio and his ‘imbecilic’ police reform laws for the Times Square shooting and turning NYC into a Wild West frontier town
VIDEO OF THE DAYFacebook Finally Loses
- In his exclusive essay for DailyMail.com, SBA president Ed Mullins blames Mayor Bill de Blasio and fellow officials for New York City’s descent into lawlessness
- The Big Apple, which is still reeling from the effects of the coronavirus pandemic, has also been experiencing an uptick in crime and violence
- It faced further turmoil in the summer when protesters took to the streets on a near nightly basis urging officials to defund the police
- In a highly controversial move last July, the city ultimately agreed to cut $1billion from the NYPD budget
- According to Mullins, ‘the 2020 “reform” package has done nothing but kneecap the police and increase violent crime to levels not seen since the early 1990s’
- Shootings in the city have risen by 166 per cent from April 2020 to the same month this year
No comment from de Blasio, he was busy eating again:
This is one provocation too many. pic.twitter.com/3TllDy5zJc
— Jacob Kornbluh (@jacobkornbluh) May 14, 2021
Kari is an ex-Community Organizer who writes about Voter Engagement, Cultural Marxism and Campaigns. She has been a grassroots volunteer with the GOP, on and off for 18 years. She is a Homeschool Mom in North Carolina and loves Photojournalism and Citizen Journalism. @Saorsa1776