You would think that without a single example of Marxism being an ideology with a positive outcome for a single person outside of ruthless dictators, the American educators would be intelligent enough to stay a hundred miles away from the death cult. But not so in Minnesota.
Marxist teachings are on their way to Minnesota schools as a litmus test for hiring and maintaining teachers cloaked as new teacher licensing rules.
The licensing board for Minnesota teachers, the Professional Educators Licensing and Standards Board (PELSB), is staffed by people who were appointed by Democrat Governor Tim Walz. This board is being used to fast-track new teacher licensing requirements.
The new licensing standards being pushed by the PELSB are geared to embed Marxist ideology and practices like fluid sexual identity, critical race theory, gender politics and more into every Minnesota school.
What happened to reading, writing, math, and science? Marxism would infect each of these courses of study with the sickness of communism, death, envy, and darkness. Marxism is a death cult everywhere it’s ever been tried. It is the great equalizer, as it makes everyone equally miserable. That’s what equity is.
Keeping in line with typical Democrat practices, Marxist splits people into two opposing sides so that teachers and students see themselves as members of a group with no individualism. Individualism causes people to think outside the group mentality and they can’t have any of that. The two groups Marxists create are commonly referred to as the “oppressor” and the “oppressed.” The common theme for students will be that the oppressed groups have to be liberated from the oppressors’ exploitation and their definition of exploitation doesn’t match Webster’s.
I think it is criminal to teach children that they are being oppressed. Imagine you come from a good, loving home. You live in a pretty good neighborhood with plenty of friends, and your family loves you. Now you go to school to get an education and your teachers are telling you that you’re a racist, your parents and siblings were born racist, and at the same time you’re being oppressed by your parents. But the one group that the Marxists explain is not exploiting the students is the greatest exploiter of them all: the Marxists! What could go wrong with that?
Do you want your kids being taught this unamerican garbage? Folks, this is worse than the transgender crap they tried to throw at the student body last year. Now we know why the Biden DOJ labeled parents who argued with school board lunatics as domestic terrorists. The Marxists want to force their ideology onto new generations of Americans so that they can grow up hating capitalism and thusly hating everything about their own country.
Once the new Marxist requirements are adopted, teachers must meet them in order to retain their license to teach in Minnesota, and that includes Early Childhood Education and Adult Basic Education. This will apply to private school teachers as well.
From The Liberty Sentinel:
Below are some of the new licensing standards. We have bracketed our commentary on the meaning and significance of the standard. Teachers must:Help students develop social identities based upon their social grouping. [Group identities will usurp individual identities];
• Comply with the construct of “multiple identity formation” [This means they must identify which identity groups a student belongs to, the scale of power assigned to each identity group and how their ‘identities’ intersect. This is called “intersectionality.”];
• Incorporate “Social and Emotional Learning” (SEL) into all classes [SEL seeks to transform the values, attitudes, and beliefs of students and achieve full compliance with equity and gender ideology.];
• Understand “systemic trauma,” including racism and micro & macro aggression [Trauma is presumed to have been inflicted upon victims from the oppressor classes];Child Protection League Action, PO Box 463, Mankato, MN 56002 [email protected]
• Be “inclusive” to reflect “diversity of cultures” [Teachers will have to affirm homosexuality, transgenderism, sexual identity (gender as a choice not biology), and the absence of moral standards for sexual practices which will set the stage for the normalization of pedophilia];
• Fully affirm and incorporate identity politics into the school, including race, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious beliefs, economic status, and ethnicity;
• Focus on implicit bias and systemic racism, including “white privilege”;
• Prioritize materials from “traditionally marginalized voices that offer diverse perspectives on race, culture, language, gender, sexual identity, religion, nationality, migrant/refugee status… and other identities traditionally silenced or omitted from the curriculum.” [Identity politics will drive curriculum content);
• Teach materials that “empower learners to be agents of social change and promote equity. [“Equity” means required equal outcomes, not equal opportunity. Marx said it this way: “From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs.”];
• Train students in social activism through service learning;
• Connect students with local and global political activists;
• Understand that Minnesota’s laws were created to oppress by race, class, gender, sexual orientation, language, and nationality; [This is the Marxist interpretation of history through presumed identity group power.]
• Understand white supremacy, and how racism operates institutionally [The Marxist assumption that our institutions are fundamentally racist];
• Understand “enthnocentrism” and “eurocentrism” as undermining “equity.” [“Eurocentrism” and “ethnocentrism” form the core of America’s cultural,
religious, and political heritage and are presented as racist and oppressive. Young people will be stripped of their history and instead be told their heritage is oppressive: racist, “white” and “heteronormative.”]
This is child abuse by the state. It is an attack on the innocence of our kids, on our system, our way of life. If Minnesota gets away with this, then I guarantee you it will come to your state sooner than you think. Support and defend the children and parents of the Minnesota school system in any way you can. The Marxists are attacking our way of life and we as Americans have the right to defend against it. Protest at school board meetings. File lawsuits. Home school your kids. And most of all, throw out the bums you elected to office who are implementing this garbage ideology in our schools.
Rich is a conservative, syndicated opinion writer and owner of MAGA-Chat.com. He writes about politics, culture, liberty, and faith.
Fight tech tyranny. Join Rich on MAGA-Chat.com, where free speech is still free. Join the revolution!