In South Carolina, there is a state representative who is raising some eyebrows inside and out of the LGBTQ community because he has introduced legislation to ban the ability of children from receiving transgender-reassignment surgery and blocking doctors from giving medications to minors that alter gender or delay puberty. In a world gone mad, you would think the introduction of such a bill would be courageous enough, but this guy is a Democrat.
South Carolina Democrat state Representative Cezar McKnight (D-101) introduced the legislation which has many people bringing the subject of minors being manipulated by Woke parents and other adults to make lifelong decisions that could harm them in the long run. Most sane people don’t like the idea of children being able to make the decision to undergo gender reassignment Wokeness, but most people don’t want to talk about it, because it’s such a bizarre subject and the entire Woke Supremacy is pushing this that many feel they don’t want to be canceled or labeled a bigot.
I believe that children as human beings are not capable of making rational decisions. Most scientists agree that most human beings become rational between 22 years of age and 25. The whole 18 and I’m an adult thing was done back in 1971 with the passage of the 26th Amendment lowering the voting age from 21 to 18 and that happened because a lot of young people made the argument that a male could be drafted into the Vietnam War at 18, but he couldn’t vote for the politicians who had the power to send him into war. It made sense, but it by no means was a measure of when a human being became an adult or even a rational thinker.
And then there’s the fact that many transgender adults agree that children should not be allowed to make this kind of decision.
The bill is named the “South Carolina Vulnerable Child Compassion and Protection Act,” and it will ban minors from being able to undergo transgender surgeries and other medical treatments and would charge any person with felonies who violates the law. The bill also carries the possibility of a prison sentence of up to 20 years.
The bill states in part:
…no person shall engage in, counsel, make a referral for, or cause any of the following practices to be performed upon a minor if the practice is performed for the purpose of attempting to alter the appearance of or affirm the minor’s perception of the minor’s gender or sex, if that perception is inconsistent with the minor’s sex as defined in this chapter:
(1) prescribing, dispensing, administering, or otherwise supplying puberty-blocking medication to stop or delay normal puberty;
(2) prescribing, dispensing, administering, or otherwise supplying supraphysiologic doses of testosterone or other androgens to females;
(3) prescribing, dispensing, administering, or otherwise supplying supraphysiologic doses of estrogen to males;
(4) performing surgeries that sterilize, including castration, vasectomy, hysterectomy, oophorectomy, orchiectomy, and penectomy;
(5) performing surgeries that artificially construct tissue with the appearance of genitalia that differs from the individual’s sex, including metoidioplasty, phalloplasty, and vaginoplasty; or
(6) removing any healthy or nondiseased body part or tissue.
The bill makes an exception allowing doctors to treat children that have legitimate “sex development” disorders, including either of the following:
(1) an individual born with external biological sex characteristics that are ambiguous and the ambiguity is unresolvable, including an individual born with forty-six XX chromosomes with virilization, forty-six XY chromosomes with undervirilization, or having both ovarian and testicular tissue; or
(2) an individual whom a physician has otherwise diagnosed with a disorder of sexual development, in which the physician has determined through genetic or biochemical testing that the person does not have normal sex chromosome structure, sex steroid hormone production, or sex steroid hormone action for a male or female.
According to the Associated Press twenty-three Republicans have signed onto McKnight’s bill. McKnight has represented the district, which is two-thirds black and is heavily registered Democrat, for six years. Many in the black community do not go for the whole transgender thing. Brandon Tatum on his YouTube channel explained this much better than I am even capable.
“Black Democrats tend to be more conservative than white progressives,” McKnight told the Associated Press. “I would not have ever put this bill forward if I didn’t think the people in my district wouldn’t be receptive, and they are. Pastors, young parents, older parents, they all tell me the same thing: if you want to do this, wait until you’re 18.”
“This bill isn’t anti-trans,” McKnight said. “I just don’t think to make a sex change during the teen years is something someone should do.” Oh, you know darn right well that the Woke Supremacy is going to claim the bill is hateful and anti-transgender when the reality is the movement to suck kids into the movement is downright evil. How about letting kids be kids before the adults try to force them to destroy their lives?
Rich is a conservative, syndicated opinion writer and owner of MAGA-Chat.com. He writes about politics, culture, liberty, and faith.
Fight tech tyranny. Join Rich on MAGA-Chat.com, where free speech is still free. Join the revolution!