Apparently British cabinet members have been referring to President Joe Biden as a feebleminded, deranged old fool. The word “doolally” made an appearance among the cabinet members when describing Biden and his Afghanistan evacuation debacle.
I have to take umbrage at this. Joe Biden may be a feebleminded, doddering old deranged fool, but he is our feebleminded, doddering old deranged fool and only we can call him that. Merica!
I actually had to look up what the word doolally means. Webster’s defines it as “temporarily deranged or feebleminded. ” The Brits always were pretty good with the language. I mean, they invented it after all.
The Sunday Times in the UK reported the cabinet saying insulting things about President Houseplant nearly two weeks ago. The Washington Post ran the story the same day. And according to the Daily Telegraph, the Biden White House took notice as well.
It was about 48 hours after Biden made the following feebleminded comments during a White House presser:
Following criticism of the United States' conduct in their withdrawal, Biden says he has seen "no question of our credibility from our allies around the world." https://t.co/nkdo355FUf pic.twitter.com/N2DHg3KTqX
— CBS News (@CBSNews) August 20, 2021
Joe Biden does this all the time. He makes claims that a bunch of people agree with him, as if that alone makes him right. Last week he said there was complete unanimity in the decision to run the Afghanistan withdrawal the way it was done, which means he’s either surrounded by “Yes Men” or a bunch of cowards who are too afraid to contradict the half-wit they have for a Commander-in-Chief.
On the same day, a British diplomatic memo was leaked that revealed Joe Biden screwed our allies by giving them a promise of security in Afghanistan that he couldn’t keep and that’s more than likely because he doesn’t care. Keeping his word never mattered to Biden. Someone always bailed him out, whether the biased news media or the simple decorum most people in polite society have that causes them to hold their tongue.
Biden told US allies during the G7 back in June that the United States would secure Kabul so that all the partner nations would be able to get their people out of the country before the Taliban terrorists took over. Only two months later, the Biden administration had to announce that the US and all the other countries reached a so-called “agreement” with the Taliban to continue evacuating foreign nationals and our allies after all of our troops were gone.
Though his office denies the charge, it was rumored that British Prime Minister Boris Johnson referred to Biden as “Sleepy Joe.” And it’s understandable that the Brits think of Biden as a fool. God knows we do.
From the Economist:
During debate in Parliament and in unattributed briefings, British mps, ministers and officials have used language to describe America’s withdrawal from Afghanistan, and America’s leader, rarely heard from such mouths. The withdrawal was “shameful”, “dishonourable” and “catastrophic”. President Joe Biden was “gaga” and “doolally”. Tony Blair, the prime minister who sent British forces into Afghanistan at America’s behest in 2001, wrote an article calling the withdrawal “imbecilic”. Other reports, soon denied, claimed that the current prime minister, Boris Johnson, had referred to Mr Biden by the pejorative coined by his predecessor, Donald Trump: “Sleepy Joe”.
A US source spoke to the Telegraph and painted a very insightful picture of Biden’s demeanor.
“The Brits have their view. But they should be careful. What’s been said is offensive and he will remember it. He actually has a long memory,” a US source told the Telegraph.
“It’s always been his way that if somebody says something really bad to him, or about him, he doesn’t speak to them again. He does bear grudges. Boris Johnson should know that.”
The source added: “The president is not ‘gaga’. He’s actually picked up his game quite a bit since the campaign.”…
[A White House insider] said: “Quite frankly, it bodes poorly for the relationship with the UK. The special relationship is very much in danger at this point.
I think the source is gaga if he thinks Biden upped his game since the campaign. Dementia doesn’t get better with time. The “special relationship” the White House insider spoke of went out the window when Biden completely botched the withdrawal from Kabul, putting their people in harm’s way.
Here’s the thing. The 13 US soldiers who were killed in the bombing last week took part in an operation that was supposed to aid the British by extending the timeline for getting their people out. US intelligence said there was a credible threat at the Kabul airport by ISIS-K. Abbey Gate was determined to be the highest risk since that is where Americans were gathering. The gates were supposed to be closed the day of the bombing but “the Americans decided to keep the gate open longer than they wanted in order to allow their British allies, who had accelerated their withdrawal timeline, to continue evacuating their personnel, based at the nearby Baron Hotel,” according to Politico.
Things were so bad that Democrats began distancing themselves from what Team Biden calls the “biggest airlift in history!”
From Yahoo! News:
Here’s what we’re hearing from the House:
- Rep. Susan Wild (D-Pa.) said in a statement that it’s “long past time” to end U.S. military presence in Afghanistan, but added: “[I]t appears that the evacuation process has been egregiously mishandled.”
- In a phone interview with Axios, she added she doesn’t place all the blame on Biden. She said there will be a lot to uncover through future congressional oversight hearings.
- Rep. Abigail Spanberger (D-Va.), a former CIA officer who focused on counterterrorism efforts in the Middle East, spearheaded a bipartisan statement from the Problem Solvers Caucus calling on the administration to reconsider Tuesday’s withdrawal deadline.
- Reps. Mike Levin (D-Calif.) and Andy Kim (D-N.J.) also have called on Biden to extend the deadline.
In the Senate:
- Sen. Maggie Hassan (D-N.H.) distanced herself from the president as he reiterated his commitment to the withdrawal date: “We must complete this mission, regardless of any arbitrary deadlines.”
- A spokesman for Sen. Mark Kelly (D-Ariz.), a Navy combat veteran, told Axios: “Senator Kelly has been critical of the administration’s execution of the withdrawal. … [H]e has said in multiple press interviews since then that he sees the August 31st deadline as less important than accomplishing the mission of evacuating Americans and Afghan allies.”
- Sen. Catherine Cortez Masto (D-Nev.) told a local station in Las Vegas earlier this month that she “asked this administration [about its Afghanistan plan], never received anything. And so yeah, I do have questions. What happened? It’s devastating what we’re seeing right now and we need to have answers.”
- Last Thursday, she tweeted that “pushing the evacuation deadline is a necessary and important step.”
Democrats will hold hearings on the disaster that took place in Afghanistan and though most will try to pin as much as they can on the former Trump administration, the American people know, despite Biden’s blame game, that he threw out the Trump administration’s withdrawal plan and went with what could only be described as the dumbest evacuation plan from hostile territory in the history of the world where the military was evacuated before the American civilians, green card holders, and our Afghan allies.
For Democrats, it’s all about the optics for the party. The politics is going to grow exponentially worse once the shock of what the world witnessed lessens and the political analysis begins. The spin will be spectacular from the administration and eventually when the media realizes they did just enough real journalism on the evacuation disaster to be able to claim they covered it, they’ll lend support for Biden and move on to try to make things seem normal again. But no amount of spin can change the fact that under President Joe Biden we left Americans behind and every member of that administration should feel shame. And they would too if they were capable.
Rich is a conservative, syndicated opinion writer and owner of MAGA-Chat.com. He writes about politics, culture, liberty, and faith.
Fight tech tyranny. Join Rich on MAGA-Chat.com, where free speech is still free. Join the revolution!