The irony is so thick that you can cut it with a knife. Unhinged gun control fanatic, Alec Baldwin could go to jail for involuntary manslaughter or be sued civilly for wrongful death. Possibly both. There are a couple of ways that Baldwin could be convicted of manslaughter. If the gun he was using was a revolver,it could depend on what type of revolver was being used.
A single-action revolver is on where every bullet is loaded manually by the user. The bullet is loaded and the hammer is cocked and then the trigger is pulled, causing the hammer to strike the firing pin. It is extremely hard to mistake a live shell for a blank. A blank has a crimped casing and no bullet.
On the other hand, a dual action revolver has six bullets and is loaded in advance and Baldwin would not know one of the shells was live ammo. However, if he is waving the gun around in the air and discharges the pistol during a time when the film is not shooting, it could still be involuntary manslaughter. That’s because blanks are still dangerous. If you stick the gun to someone’s head and pull the trigger it can cause death, even though the shell is a blank.
A round of modern ammunition has four components:
- A primer, which starts the ignition process
- The casing, usually brass, which remains in the revolver as an empty shell casing after being fired.
- Gunpowder, which burns very quickly and generates a large amount of expanding gas. This, in turn, makes a lot of noise and light and pushes the fourth component out of the barrel
- The bullet
VIDEO OF THE DAYIdiots Twerk On Ambulance After Shooting In Oakland, CA
There are four fundamental rules for gun safety:
- Treat every gun as if it is loaded until you inspect the firearm and determine there is no ammunition in the chamber.
- Keep your finger off the trigger until you have your sights aligned and are ready to shoot.
- Do not point the gun at anything or anyone you are not prepared to destroy or kill.
- Identify your target and what is behind it. A bullet can pass thru a person or object and continue downrange and strike someone or something.
We know this for certain–Alec Baldwin did not inspect the gun to verify it was unloaded, he pointed the gun at a person he did not want to kill and the round he fired continued downrange and struck the director.
There are two different stories circulating about the fatal wound suffered by Halyna Hutchins. According to a crew source communicating with Jack Posobiec, the bullet struck Halyna in the abdomen, then exited and struck director’s shoulder, who was crouching behind her (this is from Jack’s Telegram channel).