A video is going viral that shows a teacher manhandling a student out of the classroom for not wearing a mask. And parents aren’t too happy about it either. The video shows a scalp-challenged man grabbing a student from behind and drug him out of the classroom, lifting him completely off his feet multiple times. The video has been making its way around the school district.
While face masks are needlessly mandated for the school, I would find it difficult to believe the school has a policy of roughing up the students. This teacher has no business inside a classroom or anywhere near a school for that matter. And, evidently, this is nothing new at the school as one parent said that he has been to the school a number of times complaining about the way students are treated.
— Libs of Tik Tok (@libsoftiktok) February 23, 2022
The Apple Valley Unified School District said:
(We have) “been made aware of a video circulating on social media of a student and staff member at [Apple Valley High School]. At this time, AVUSD is investigating the incident and appropriate outside agencies have been notified. All investigations are confidential. We cannot comment on active investigations. Appropriate actions will be taken based on the California Penal Code and/or Education Code violations.”
What did observers have to say?
- “Sad as a school you have to turn off public comments,” one user said. “[Who’s] in charge of this animal house? Child abuse, much?”
- “Thug teacher physically assaults student, film at 11,” another commenter noted.
- “Seriously thinking of removing my children from the district! ” another commenter wrote. “This is going too far! Stop forcing masks already!”
- “Enough is enough,” another commenter declared. “The way the kids are treated at the high school is an ongoing issue I’ve taken up with … [Principal Brian] Goodrow multiple times. I’m so sick and tired [of] these kids not being protected.”
- And a Twitter user commenting on the video said, “That’s a lawsuit right there. Teachers can’t be bothered to stop a fight where one student is killing another but looooord, don’t let me catch you not wearing a mask. Lolol. What a joke these teachers are. I hope he gets sued.”