As you already know, over 50 Democrats from Texas have no0w traveled to Washington D.C. in order to avoid doing their jobs. They have sworn to stay in Washington until the 30 day special session order is over.
It is very expensive to stay in Washington. Where is the money coming from to pay for this? And isn’t this an exercise in futility since Texas Gov Greg Abbott has said he will call for another special session once this one expires?
Abbott has also sworn to have all of the Democrats arrested the moment they return to Texas. But, they could be taken into custody and delivered to the legislature until they reach a quorum. Locking them up in a cell would be a much-needed lesson for Democrats who do not believe elections matter.
Many people are mocking the Democrats who are trying to frame themselves as victims. The mocking is well deserved.
- Curtis Houck, NewsBusters editor: “How many Miller Lites deep are you to have thought this was worth tweeting?”
- Elijah Schaffer, The Blaze: “This guy thinks he’s a hero because he flew to DC in an air conditioned plane for a political stunt – the utter narcissism and self glorification shows you just how ‘out of touch’ these loser politicians are.”
- Richard Grenell, former Acting Director of National Intelligence: “You flew on a private jet to avoid your job responsibilities. This is like running out of the room with your fingers in your ears. This is no profile in Courage.”
- Rep. Dan Crenshaw (R-TX): “Hard to imagine a more delusional group of people – thinking that lying about these bills, hopping on a chartered flight, sipping beer, and skipping work is ‘sacrifice.’ You guys are pathetic. Totally pathetic.”
- Ned Ryun: “Translation: we’ll do anything to avoid free and fair elections, even fleeing our state to try and thwart the democratic process.”
- Matt Whitlock, political strategist: “I’m sorry but these guys just took a beer-filled party bus to a private plane (with no masks) to get out of work and want credit for ‘leaving behind their families and livelihoods?’ You’re going to Washington to party with special interest supporters, not Nam.”
You went on a business trip, you didn’t deploy to Fallujah. https://t.co/sl1zyoQhM2
— Angela Morabito (@AngelaLMorabito) July 13, 2021
This is the kind of guy that asks you how you’re doing and then immediately starts talking about himself without letting you answer https://t.co/iuOBymaRvj
— Amber Smith (@AmberSmithUSA) July 13, 2021
It’s not all bad news out there. This guy’s family gets to be without him for a few days while he hammers soy lattes in DC.
Good for them. https://t.co/cEpVWHVMs9
— Jesse Kelly (@JesseKellyDC) July 13, 2021
You're paid by taxpayer dollars and took a private jet to DC.
Stop acting like you're in Bastogne in Dec 1944 https://t.co/PSVqM7ALlw
— Matt Gorman (@mattsgorman) July 12, 2021