According to former U.S. Attorney Joseph diGenova, Susan Rice, former Obama White House National Security Adviser made up spreadsheets detailing legal calls between Donald Trump and unmasked associates. Rice is denying these accusations, but di Genova claims that he has talked to Intel sources who have studied these spreadsheets.
In response to a question Tuesday from NBC News reporter Andrea Mitchell, former Obama White House National Security Adviser Susan Rice denied that she “prepared” spreadsheets of surveilled telephone calls involving Donald Trump and his aides. The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group, however, reported that Rice “ordered” the spreadsheets to be produced.
In addition, former U.S. Attorney Joe DiGenova, one of TheDCNF’s sources, said Tuesday in response to Rice that her denial “would come as quite a surprise to the government officials who have reviewed dozens of those spreadsheets.”
diGenova told The Daily Caller News Foundation Investigative Group:
“What was produced by the intelligence community at the request of Ms. Rice were detailed spreadsheets of intercepted phone calls with unmasked Trump associates in perfectly legal conversations with individuals.”
“The overheard conversations involved no illegal activity by anybody of the Trump associates or anyone they were speaking with. In short, the only apparent illegal activity was the unmasking of the people in the calls.”
The DCNF says that have confirmed diGenova’s accusation through sources with direct knowledge and who requested anonymity. The reports were ordered, one year before the 2016 election. Fox News and Bloomberg News also claim that they have verified a highly sophisticated surveillance operation and that the names of the innocent unmasked participants were given to the National Security Council (NSC), the Department of Defense, James Clapper, President Obama’s Director of National Intelligence, and John Brennan, Obama’s CIA Director.
Joining Rice in the alleged White House operations was her deputy Ben Rhodes, according to Fox.
Critics of the atmosphere prevailing throughout the Obama administration’s last year in office point to former Obama Deputy Defense Secretary Evelyn Farkas who admitted in a March 2 television interview on MSNBC that she “was urging my former colleagues,” to “get as much information as you can, get as much intelligence as you can, before President Obama leaves the administration.”
Col. (Ret.) James Waurishuk, an NSC veteran and former deputy director for intelligence at the U.S. Central Command, told TheDCNF that many hands had to be involved throughout the Obama administration to launch such a political spying program.
“The surveillance initially is the responsibility of the National Security Agency,” Waurishuk said. “They have to abide by this guidance when one of the other agencies says, ‘we’re looking at this particular person which we would like to unmask.’”