One thing you can say about Gov. Ron DeSantis of Florida is that he does not allow grass to grow under his feet and he never shies away from a fight. His latest fight is against illegal aliens that Joe Brandon keeps dumping in his state in order to change the demographics. The first step he is taking is that he will withhold licenses and renewals for those who house illegal aliens.
An emergency rule issued by Florida authorities on Friday bars issuing or renewing licenses for any entities that house illegal immigrant children.
Under the direction of Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis, the state Department of Children and Families (DCF) determined that the resettlement of such children does not meet the term “evidence of need” as defined by state law and amended the state’s administrative code to say as much while cracking down on licenses.
The move is required to protect the health, safety, and wellbeing of all children in the state being cared for by childcare entities, and in the absence of a cooperative agreement between the state and the federal government regarding the illegal aliens, the agency said.
Facilities that are already housing the children will be able to keep housing them but will face stricter regulations.
On top of this, Florida Governor Ron DeSantis announced a six-step plan to tackle illegal immigration into Florida.
1. Ban state and local agencies from doing business with or providing benefits to any private-sector business or NGO that helps facilitate illegal immigration to Florida.
2. Ban state agencies from renewing state contracts with transportation companies, such as airlines and bus services, that facilitate illegal immigration to Florida.
3. Require private-sector businesses and NGOs, who facilitate illegal immigration to Florida, to provide compensation to the state of Florida to cover all costs that fall on taxpayers.
4. Mandate county and local jails, as well as courts, to collect immigration status data at the time of a suspect’s arrest and conviction. The information would be reported to the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
5. Ban Florida officials from providing any discretionary benefits to illegal aliens while state agencies and hospitals will be required to annually report taxpayer-funded expenses for illegal aliens.
6. Add the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity as an enforcer of E-Verify
I don’t care who you are. This is sheer brilliance. You are not forbidding people to aid illegal aliens, but you are forcing them to choose for themselves whether they would prefer to deal with illegal aliens or the State of Florida. And those who have never aided illegal aliens will be much less tempted to do so in the future. It can’t be described as discrimination because they are merely discouraging businesses and NGOs from aiding an illegal act.