A professor at the Open University of Israel, Yagil Levy, penned an analysis for the Washington Post. In it he tried to make the case that Israel’s Iron Dome is too effective in bringing down the incoming missiles from Hamas.
I suppose that in order to be fair, Israel must let Hamas bomb the crap out of them, killing civilians including children at will.
Levy studies “civil-military relations, particularly casualty sensitivity, civilian control, military-religious relations, and the social makeup of the armed forces”.
He then tried to make the case that the Iron Dome is a bad thing. Let me ask you a question. Do you think Levy would have written the same thing if Hamas had the Iron Dome and Israel did not? Don’t be naïve.
Levy says that besides limiting harm to Jewish citizens in Gaza it gives Israel the opportunity to retaliate at will against the terrorists so brutally attacking it.
I have studied history and whenever there is a war, the only time peace comes out of it is when one side wins convincingly. Otherwise, where is the incentive to quit fighting?
Levy suggests that because Israel is able to minimalize the damage and death from the missiles they can retaliate without as much fear. But, there has been fighting between these two factions for many years and the Palestinians are always the aggressor. Let me suggest this to Mr. Levy.
Have Hamas quit firing 2,500 missiles into Israel and they won’t have to worry about reprisals.
The truth is that Hamas controls the narrative. They only get attacked after they attack Israel. Hence, if they don’t attack, they do not get attacked.
VIDEO OF THE DAYIdiots Twerk On Ambulance After Shooting In Oakland, CA
Of course, as a professor, Levy is not prone to logic. He is motivated by his hatred for Israel.
In light of an analysis that more or less says Iron Dome makes the fighting unfair, readers of the piece had a field day:
- “The Post has jumped the shark with this opinion piece,” one reader shot back. “You should have titled it, ‘We hate Jews, and think it should be easier to kill them!'”
- “This is a terrible piece & all it is saying is that for peace to be hastened, more Israelis must feel vulnerable & endangered,” another reader commented.
- “Your headline is obscene,” another reader noted. “It’s akin to saying that there would be no conflict if the Jews would just be kind enough to let Hamas kill them all.”
- “The dumbest headline I’ve seen in years,” another reader agreed. “Why not just go with ‘Jews should kill themselves to offset the lives saved by the Iron Dome.'”
- “Without the Iron Dome, Gaza would now be a parking lot. Desert glass. The Iron Dome protects Palestinians from the disgusting atrocities of Hamas perpetrated against Israel!” another reader observed. “No other country in the world exercises the restraint Israel does.”
- “If only the British had never invented radar, WW2 could have been over in just 18 months,” another reader quipped.