A video has emerged of three women Twerking on top of a Chicago police vehicle as it is making a right turn. The video was discovered on social media but without the date or time of the incident.
The police are investigating the incident. All they have to go on is the vehicle number but they hope to identify the police officers who were in the vehicle at the time.
Not only was it a particularly obnoxious sight but a dangerous one at that. What if one of the women fell off the cruiser and got hurt or run over by traffic? But since it is Chicago, the officers might have been afraid to force them off their car.
It is a fear that is common in liberal cities where police can be punished for doing their job. Or it could be that the officers just don’t take their job seriously.
Deputy Director Tom Ahern said in a statement:
“The Chicago Police Department is aware of a video that surfaced on social media showing several females riding on a marked squad car.”
Some people on social media commented on the incident and used it to mock cops:
- “Until white people start treating them like human beings instead of animals..until you start respecting them and seeing their dignity and worth…you will continue to get the results you’re getting,” one commenter said.
- Another user replied similarly: “1. Was the vehicle stolen? 2. Did anyone get arrested or hurt? 3. NOTHING to see here[;] the weather was nice and everyone had a great time.”
- “Yeah, how f***ing embarrassing that after literal centuries of police brutality & oppression, black people were allowed to dance in front of [police] and even delay their patrol by a few seconds,” another commenter observed sarcastically. “It was much less embarrassing when the police just shot them in the face every day.”
There were others who took a different take on the incident:
VIDEO OF THE DAYIdiots Twerk On Ambulance After Shooting In Oakland, CA
- “If you don’t see anything wrong with this video, it shows just how sick our society has become,” one commenter wrote. “The person in the squad car needs to disciplined. This shows very little and poor respect for everyone involved.”
- “Some of us consider normalizing the decline of society to be a problem,” another user said.
- “To the Chicago PD HQ, why in the name of God are you allowing this to happen???” another commenter asked.
This video will play into the hands of those who want to defund the police. They can claim the officers do not do their jobs anyway. They will say that they need to do away with police and hire choreographers.